Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My children go to a nut-free school but I wanted them to have the nutrition and tastiness of trail mix as an option in their lunch. This recipe uses seeds instead of nuts (and yes seeds are allowed in nut free schools) so you get great nutrition and plenty of yummy!
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, unroasted
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds, shelled (pepitoes)
- Pepitoes are shelled pumpkin seeds and available at most grocery stores. You can roast the sunflower seeds and pepitoes but you definitely don't have to because it is delicious either way).
- Mix all ingredients together. You can substitute other dried fruits. I have used dried blueberries and dried cherries in the past and they are all great.
- I have four kids in school so I use a whole recipe for each school day. Nutritious and really delicious!