Recipe by misslaurenrae
I created this recipe by combining my favorite granola bar recipe with one for lactation cookies while I was breastfeeding. The result were delicious, healthy, nut-free, chewy goodness!
- 4 cups oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix oatmeal, flour, coconut, raisins, chocolate chips, flax seeds, wheat germ, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add the vegetable oil and honey.
- Mix well until sticky. It is best to use your hands to make sure everything is turned together.
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Press mixture firmly into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Granola bars will look soft when you take them out of the oven, but if you leave them in until they are brown they will be overcooked.
- Cut into bars while still warm.