Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I created this recipe by combining my favorite granola bar recipe with one for lactation cookies while I was breastfeeding. The result were delicious, healthy, nut-free, chewy goodness!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix oatmeal, flour, coconut, raisins, chocolate chips, flax seeds, wheat germ, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add the vegetable oil and honey.
- Mix well until sticky. It is best to use your hands to make sure everything is turned together.
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Press mixture firmly into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Granola bars will look soft when you take them out of the oven, but if you leave them in until they are brown they will be overcooked.
- Cut into bars while still warm.