Recipe by Shawn C
A Christmas cookie that always goes over great everywhere I take them. The dough is very tough to mix after a while so using a mixer with dough hooks, or even better a kitchenaid mixer is a great help
- 1⁄2 lb margarine or 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted (all purpose)
- 2 cups nuts (measure nuts before chopping)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream together margarine and sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour a little at a time.
- Fold in nuts.
- Roll into balls using a teaspoon measuring spoon to scoop and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 25-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and roll in powdered sugar while hot.
- Place on rack to cool.
- Roll again in powdered sugar when cool.
- Store in sealed container.