Recipe by litldarlin
This Nut Cups recipe is from my Great Aunt Millie. Alot of my families recipes were passed down from generation to generation. Several years ago, I revised my grandmothers recipes and added more of my own and my families and put them into a cookbook for safe keeping. This is just one of the many dessert recipes that has been handed down. I hope you enjoy them.
Top Review by vrvrvr
This is a great recipe! I ended up rolling out the dough and cutting small rounds with a biscuit cutter which gave me 24 crusts for the mini-muffin pan. (I had enough crust leftover to make a few crisps in the oven sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.) The dough handled beautifully on a floured surface. The amount of filling was perfect for the 24 mini-tarts. The filling is very sweet and rich. Everyone loved these! Thank you for posting.
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package soft cream cheese
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend margarine and soft cream cheese until creamy.
- Add 1 cup sifted flour.
- Divide mixture into 16 balls and press into tiny muffins tins.
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- Fill nut cups with the filling mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 minutes or until done.
- Let stand a few minutes before removing from tins.