Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like fish & almonds, so this recipe is a favorite since it combines both. I submitted it for a local newspaper's recipe contest, & it was a runner up. It is fast & easy enough to make on a work night.
- 1 lb sole
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (low fat is OK)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (low fat is OK)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Combine almonds, wheat germ, salt,& paprika.
- In a small bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice,& soy sauce.
- Lay fish on aluminum foil in a shallow pan.
- Spread with sour cream/mayo mixture.
- Cover with nut mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
I used this recipe a few weeks ago on a rockfish my husband caught on a fishing trip. It was incredible! I love combo of the tangy sauce and the nutty crunch. My 3yo at more of her fish than anything else on her plate (totally NOT the reaction I was expecting). I'm making it again tonight with some frozen Mahi Mahi fillets I had in the freezer. This is the only way I ever want to eat fish!!!
Oh...and I also used flax meal instead of wheat germ. And I only had fat free sour cream, but it worked great!
Great recipe! This was my first attempt at making sole and everyone just loved this. Thanks for posting!
This is great, I'm really glad I made it. And I didn't even make it properly!! What a dunce...having read the word 'crusted' I just went ahead and attempted to coat the sole with the almond/wheat germ mixture. So of course, it didn't really stick and looked a little weird. But it still worked out well with the sauce on top and tasted great. I have to say, I'm always skeptical cooking with mayo, it's not my favourite thing, but everything combined, the sauce was truly delish. Next time it's bound to be better because I'll follow the directions!!