Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
I like fish & almonds, so this recipe is a favorite since it combines both. I submitted it for a local newspaper's recipe contest, & it was a runner up. It is fast & easy enough to make on a work night.
Top Review by star4586
I used this recipe a few weeks ago on a rockfish my husband caught on a fishing trip. It was incredible! I love combo of the tangy sauce and the nutty crunch. My 3yo at more of her fish than anything else on her plate (totally NOT the reaction I was expecting). I'm making it again tonight with some frozen Mahi Mahi fillets I had in the freezer. This is the only way I ever want to eat fish!!!
Oh...and I also used flax meal instead of wheat germ. And I only had fat free sour cream, but it worked great!
- 1 lb sole
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (low fat is OK)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (low fat is OK)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine almonds, wheat germ, salt,& paprika.
- In a small bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice,& soy sauce.
- Lay fish on aluminum foil in a shallow pan.
- Spread with sour cream/mayo mixture.
- Cover with nut mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.