Recipe by Sarah Chana
Just made this tonight and it was a huge hit, even with DH and ALL my boys! (No small trick) Appropriate for people on gluten free diets, no carb diets, and also for Passover. You can substitute other mild fish, and experiment with different types of nuts.
- 1 medium lake trout, skinned and filleted (Feel free to substitute other types of mild fish)
- 1⁄2-1 cup ground almonds (Feel free to substitute other types of nuts)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- dried herbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 415°F.
- Mix together nuts, paprika, salt, and garlic and/or herbs if you choose to use them.
- Spread on a plate.
- Wash and pat dry fish fillets.
- Press each fillet into the nut mixture, coating both sides.
- Bake in ungreased baking pan (the oil content in the nuts is sufficient to keep fish from sticking) until coating is crispy-ish and fish flakes (about 15 minutes or so).