Chef #496185's Note:
I was tired of the same garlic-and-paprika fish fillets, even though they're easy, so this recipe was born!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 white fish fillets, such as tilapia or flounder
- 1/8 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay or 1/8 cup pinot grigio wine
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Marinate fish in wine, olive oil, and lime juice at least two hours, until ready to coat. Reserve marinade.
- 2In large bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, walnuts, and spices.
- 3Beat the egg and dip each fillet into egg.
- 4Coat fillets in walnut mixture, making coating as thick as possible.
- 5Place in pan and pour leftover marinade into edge of pan, taking care not to wash off the breading.
- 6Bake, covered, at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes when poked with a fork.
- 7Serve with lightly seasoned rice pilaf or quinoa and steamed vegetables.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut-Crusted Fish
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.1
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 25.1 g