Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An adaptation of the various strusels I have encountered that has won our family's favor.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts are favorites)
- 2⁄3 cup crushed flake cereal
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons flour (white or wheat)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Pour melted butter over and mix to make crumbly mixture.
- Use as topping for fruit of your choice that has been cut into bite sized pieces and placed in baking dish, or as a topping for pie.
- Bake 25 minute at 375 degrees.