Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
Found this recipe on Mark's Daily Apple(.com) This recipe was listed for a Thanksgiving appy for those going Primal or lower carb. Make sure your Italian Seasoning doesn't have MSG in it.
Top Review by The Jelly Room
This was a great cracker....very good texture and crunch. Made them exactly as the recipe here. The italian seasoning was too strong, so I will reduce it to 1 Tablespoon next time. Same with the salt (next time 1 teaspoon,) I rolled the cracker dough between 2 pieces of parchment to make it less messy, left the bottom sheet of parchment on the cookie sheet (no mess!) These are great with a salad, tuna, or for anyone doing the low carb thing! It's nice to have something good to snack on. . I have tried other low carb snack recipes and they left much to be desired. I FOUND THE Cheapest almond meal is at Trader Joes. Thanks for posting!!!
- 2 cups fine almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to form a moist, sticky dough. Add more water or oil if needed.
- Using wet hands, place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using your fingers, flatten the dough out into a uniform thin layer free of cracks.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree over for 15 minutes or until dough becomes dry and golden in appearance.
- Remove and cool on a wire baking rack.
- Once the dough is cooled (and this is important, because it becomes very brittle right out of the oven) use a pizza cutter to create “crackers.” If not consuming immediately, be sure to store in an air-tight container.