Some fast, easy nut clusters that are pretty good with just about any kind of nut you have around.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped fine or use good quality chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (I use walnut oil)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted nuts (use anykind, it's all good)
- 1Roast the nuts in a 350 degree oven until aromatic and lightly browned.
- 2Depending on the nut's it could be 5-12 mins Melt the chocolate with the oil and coffee in a double boiler over low heat.
- 3The water should not touch the pan and shouldn't be over 160 degrees f.
- 4Remove the chocolate as it starts to melt and stir, the ambient heat should be enough to finsih melting it.
- 5If not return to heat for a couple minutes.
- 6This can be done in a microwave if you stop it every 15 seconds to stir.
- 7Stir chocolate until it's, add nuts, drop onto sheets of wax paper with a heaping measuring teaspoon.
- 8Let cure, will take 1-4 hours depending on heat and humidity.
- 9Note, you may have too much chocolate depending on the nuts you use.
- 10This amount worked well for pecans and walnuts, but was a bit too much for almonds and cashews.
- 11Store in an airtight container for weeks.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut Clusters
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g