3 hrs 5 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Worth making. Once you did, it's not hard. Very light in taste. If you like nuts you will like this. Version of a very old recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Top and Bottom Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons canned milk (I prefer Milnot for thickness)
- 1If you like you can make the dough a day ahead.
- 2It is easier to work with.
- 3With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour.
- 4You want it to look like coarse meal.
- 5Cut in cream cheese.
- 6Flour your hands.
- 7Pour in milk a little at a time.
- 8Gentlely with your hand, mix the dough to form a ball.
- 9Don't over work the dough.
- 10At this point wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1-2 hr.
- 11best overnight.
- 12Filling: In a small bowl, beat 1 c.
- 13sugar into the yolks.
- 14Beat until light yellow and stiff.
- 15In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- 16Slowly fold the yolk mixture into the whites.
- 17Mix the flour and walnuts together and gentley add to mixture.
- 18Try not to stir out all you egg whites.
- 19You want air to be left to keep this moist and light.
- 20Spray very lightly a 9x13" pan.
- 21Roll out 1/2 the dough.
- 22Put it in the bottom of the pan.
- 23Pour in your walnut mixture.
- 24Roll out the other half to fit over the top and fit closely around sides.
- 25Bake in a preheated oven at 350* for 35-40 min.
- 26Until the top is a golden brown.
- 27When cooled cut into squares.
- 28Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut Cake (Nussen Kuchen)
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.6
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 150.9 mg
- Sodium 161.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 10.4 g