Recipe by Mia in Germany
You can make this cake with any kind of nuts, but I liked it best with pecans. Instead of gluten free flour you can also use spelt or whole wheat flour. I've tried it with all kinds of gluten free flour, and they all work well. You can also use almond meal so you get a no grain cake.
- 7 ounces pecans, ground
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces flour, gluten free
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 inch spring form and preheat oven to 350 degrees (320 if fan assisted).
- Divide egg yolks and whites and beat the whites with the salt until stiff peaks form.
- Beat together egg yolks, brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Fold in ground nuts, cinnamon and flour.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into greased spring form and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before removing the rim of the spring form.
- Let cool completely before slicing.