Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
(This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup dry sweetener
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl or food processor, mix together the margarine, sweetener, and nut butter.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Stir in nuts before using.
Another great recipe from one of my favourite books! I wanted a walnut flavoured topping to go with carrot cake containing walnuts - without being too bitter. So I whizzed up some walnuts into "butter" as best i could, and then added in the rest of the ingredients, using vanilla soymilk. I was using powdered sugar, so added more to get the right consistency. Very delicious!