Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very similar to a Heath Bar and very easy to make. This is my mother's recipe that she made every Christmas. You will want to make a double batch - it's everyone's favorite!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans, finely chopped
- Melt butter over low heat in pan.
- Add sugar and stir until melted.
- Add water and syrup. Continue cooking over low heat until it reaches 320 degrees on a candy thermometer. Don't undercook.
- Remove from heat. Pour onto greased platter. This should be thin.
- Cool until hardened.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave.
- Spread on cooled brittle.
- Sprinkle nuts over top and pat inches.
- Break into pieces. Serve.