Recipe by Greeny4444
These little bites are a good alternative treat to cookies or candy, with the added benefit of protein! You can substitute agave nectar or maple syrup for the honey, to complement whichever nut butter you choose. I snagged this recipe from the Sunflower Farmer's Market nutrition blog. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 2 cups nut butter (creamy peanut, almond, cashew, etc.)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened, your preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Wet or lightly spray your hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking, and roll the mixture into 1-inch balls (I use a cookie scoop). Place them on the wax paper.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours (or overnight) and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer.