Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delectable!! They are light and airy and keep very well. The holidays are not the same with them!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add salt, almond extract, flour, and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Chill dough until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- While cookies are still warm, roll in powdered sugar.
Lovely cookie, tender and buttery, very easy to make with great flavour. I used 1/4 tsp salt, the required amount I could taste. The nuts add some salt also, perhaps that is why. You could have fun with the coatings. I mixed the cookie batter for 6 minutes and put batter in fridge for 1.5 hours and only used 1.5 cups of pecans which was a lot. I doubled the recipe and it made about 95-100 cookies. Rolled cookies using a 1 tsp measure, small enough to pop in your mouth!!