Recipe by Pepina Rae
These are delectable!! They are light and airy and keep very well. The holidays are not the same with them!
Top Review by Luvfood
Lovely cookie, tender and buttery, very easy to make with great flavour. I used 1/4 tsp salt, the required amount I could taste. The nuts add some salt also, perhaps that is why. You could have fun with the coatings. I mixed the cookie batter for 6 minutes and put batter in fridge for 1.5 hours and only used 1.5 cups of pecans which was a lot. I doubled the recipe and it made about 95-100 cookies. Rolled cookies using a 1 tsp measure, small enough to pop in your mouth!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add salt, almond extract, flour, and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Chill dough until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- While cookies are still warm, roll in powdered sugar.