Recipe by LeeDelaino
I think the concept for these was developed for camping and hiking, but I make these for my kids as a healthier alternative to sweet snacks. There are tons of possibilities for variation on almost all of the ingredient which I like a lot.
Top Review by Karolina_London
Wonderful taste, very nutritious. I have used toasted coconut instead of skimmed milk powder and I think it works better as it gives more flavour. I also added chopped nuts as suggested in optional additions. Next time I may try with nuts and dried fruit. I managed to make 18 balls.
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter or 2⁄3 cup other nut butter
- 1⁄3 cup blackstrap molasses, plus
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 cups oats
- 3 tablespoons skim milk powder or 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
- toasted sesame seeds
- chocolate chips (optional) or raisins (optional) or other dried fruit (optional) or chopped nuts, etc (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix the first three ingredients.
- Add the oats and coconut plus anything additional and stir to coat.
- Form into a 1 inch round cylinder using wax paper.
- Chill for about 30 minutes or longer and cut and roll into golf ball sized or smaller pieces.
- Roll each ball in a dish of sesame seeds (whole or ground) to coat.