1/1 Photo of Nut Butter Balls
I think the concept for these was developed for camping and hiking, but I make these for my kids as a healthier alternative to sweet snacks. There are tons of possibilities for variation on almost all of the ingredient which I like a lot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup peanut butter or 2/3 cup other nut butter
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses, plus
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups oats
- 3 tablespoons skim milk powder or 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1Thoroughly mix the first three ingredients.
- 2Add the oats and coconut plus anything additional and stir to coat.
- 3Form into a 1 inch round cylinder using wax paper.
- 4Chill for about 30 minutes or longer and cut and roll into golf ball sized or smaller pieces.
- 5Roll each ball in a dish of sesame seeds (whole or ground) to coat.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut Butter Balls
Serving Size: 1 (762 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 95.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g