1 hr 30 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
This recipe was passed down from my grandmother.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter the sides of a 3-quart sauce pan.
- 2Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, butter and salt.
- 3Cook and stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boil.
- 4Cook and stir occasionally until it comes to soft crack stage (275°F) and syrup is a nice golden brown color.
- 5Add nuts and continue to cook, stirring often to 295°F and is a clear gold color.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Quickly add the baking soda.
- 8Immediately pour hot candy into 2 large buttered baking sheets.
- 9Use 2 forks to lift and pull candy as it cools to stretch it thin.
- 10Cool completely and break into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (1218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2287.7
- Calories from Fat 857
- Total Fat 95.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 1821.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 354.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 251.2 g
- Protein 37.9 g