1/1 Photo of Nut and Veggie Burgers
This is an interesting and addictive veggie burger. There is a little natural foods drive-in near where i live that serves something like this.I talked to a lady who at one time worked at the drive-in and she told me that they used the left over carrot pulp from making carrot juice in the burger. After years of trying to figure out the ingredients i came up with this, and it is pretty close. I hope you like it. Don't be put off by the long list of ingredients, it goes together quickly and freezes well uncooked. I have guessed at the prep and cooking time. I have not timed myself making this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shelled raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shelled raw almonds
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup carrot, pulp (leftover after making carrot juice)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced sage
- 1/2 cup whey powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil (for frying burgers)
- 1place walnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, celery, carrot pulp, onion, garlic cloves, parsley, and sage in bowl of food processor and pulse until you have a medium fine meal consistancy.
- 2Do not pulse so long as to make nut butter.
- 3You want to have something to chew on.
- 4Dump the nut mixture into a mixing bowl and add the whey powder, eggs, dry mustard powder, curry powder, poultry seasoning, cumin,and mild chili powder.
- 5Mix the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- 6Form into 12 small patties or 6 large.
- 7Fry in a pan over medium heat until brown on each side.
- 8Serve as is or on buns with your favorite burger toppings.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut and Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.5
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 411.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: