Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve this low fat snack warm.
- 100 g natural flavour microwave popcorn
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook popcorn following directions on packet.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt margarine in fry pan, cook nuts for about 4 minutes.
- Stir nuts till toasted.
- Drizzle mixture over popcorn.
- Sprinkle with chives and parmesan.
- Toss well.
Outstanding movie snack! Like a previous reviewer didn't think a tablespoon of butter would be enough but it was prefect. We love parmesan popcorn and toasted almonds so to bring the two together with some fresh chives makes for a munching delight. Now off to make some more, thanks for the post.
WOW!!! What a fantastic snack, just loved all the flavors and textures!! I didn't think that the 1 tbsp butter would be enough for that amount of popcorn, but with the almonds also flavored with the butter and then the salty parmesan cheese, it needed nothing else. Thanks for sharing this recipe which I am sure I will make again!!! Made for Holiday Tag Game.