Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can't eat white flour, so these are great when I want pancakes! Try them - they're delicious and REALLY stick to your ribs.
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Lightly oil a skillet or griddle, and preheat it to medium heat.
- Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine, like flour.
- Combine ground oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk, oil, egg and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, add nuts and mix well with mixer.
- Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet and cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until brown.
Terrific pancakes. I subbed less honey for the Splenda. The nuts in these are to-die-for.