Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 4 cups unbleached flour, Unsifted
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, Softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup ground nuts
- 1 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix yeast, flour, butter, sour cream and egg yolks thoroughly until dough is formed.
- Cover and let dough rest 1 hour.
- For filling beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold in nuts, sugar, and vanilla.
- Roll dough 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut out rectangles about 2 X 3-inches.
- Spread with 1 t of filling.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Place on greased baking sheets and curve to form crescents.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks and store in airtight tins.