Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This a great German "cookie" that was a staple for holidays in my Grandma's home
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Dough: Place flour on a countertop and mix in the baking powder.
- Make a well and drop in the egg and sprinkle the sugar over the top.
- Cut butter or margarine over it and knead into a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough and use it to line a greased, shallow pan (10X15X1).
- Topping: Spread raspberry jam evenly over the top and set aside.
- Melt the butter, sugar and water in a saucepan and stir in the ground and chopped nuts.
- Take it off the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread it evenly over the raspberry preserves and bake in a preheated oven at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the pan cool completely.
- Cut into 2 squares and then cut the squares into triangles.
- Melt the chocolate and stir in the milk.
- Dip the two corners of the cookies farthest apart in the chocolate.
- Place the cookies on a piece of wax paper until the chocolate hardens.