Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Buddhist sauce of Vietnamese Origin.
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vietnamese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 -3 slices fresh hot red chili peppers, slices to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted peanuts, see note
- Mix the first three ingredients then add some slices of the red chili pepper.
- Sprinkle with roasted peanuts.
- To make the peanuts add 1/2 cup to a very hot wok and stir until skins are black and scorched.
- Cool 2-3 minutes in colander. Skins should wipe off.
- Vietnamese soy sauce is called Tuong or Toi sauce. It is a salty bean paste. IF you do not find it you can make a sub by blending equal parts bean sauce and water
- Do NOT use American or Japanese Soy Sauce. It won't be right.