Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. Try it, it's fab!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Increase the amount of red pepper flakes to suit taste.
- Combine garlic, lime peel, and red pepper flakes then add lime juice, fish sauce, water, and sugar.
- Whisk until all ingredients are blended and sugar is dissolved.
- Will keep short periods if refrigerated.
- Serve: Used on vegetables, meats and fish by the Vietnamese.
The proportions are a little different to my usual Vietnamese sauce, this is more lemony, and I like it. A little more subtle.
This is a very good recipe. I replace the sugar with a 1/2 teaspoon (give or take) of stevia. I add more red pepper flakes and a serrano to it for heat. It's very good. This is an excellent recipe.
Great recipe for Nuoc mam. Only change I made was to adjust heat level to taste (we like it hot) Served as a dip with spring rolls and was also great over steamed rice. Many uses for this!!