This is one of my adopted recipes. Try it, it's fab!
Make and share this Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Hot Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- Increase the amount of red pepper flakes to suit taste.
- Combine garlic, lime peel, and red pepper flakes then add lime juice, fish sauce, water, and sugar.
- Whisk until all ingredients are blended and sugar is dissolved.
- Will keep short periods if refrigerated.
- Serve: Used on vegetables, meats and fish by the Vietnamese.
The proportions are a little different to my usual Vietnamese sauce, this is more lemony, and I like it. A little more subtle.
This is a very good recipe. I replace the sugar with a 1/2 teaspoon (give or take) of stevia. I add more red pepper flakes and a serrano to it for heat. It's very good. This is an excellent recipe.
Great recipe for Nuoc mam. Only change I made was to adjust heat level to taste (we like it hot) Served as a dip with spring rolls and was also great over steamed rice. Many uses for this!!