This is the best recipe I've found for this particular dipping sauce, from Tauntons Fine Cooking website. If you prefer it spicier, add half a teaspoon of ground chili paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and fresh chilies to a paste. (Or mince them together with a knife.)
- 2In a small bowl, combine this garlic and chili mixture with the chili paste, hot water, and sugar. Stir well.
- 3Add the fish sauce and lime juice and combine.
- 4Float the carrots on top. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before using.
- 5*Dipping sauce will keep in the refrigerator for a month.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Dipping Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 732.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g