Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
To be served with my Rice Vermicelli With Grilled Pork and Spring Rolls Rice Vermicelli Salad With Grilled Pork and Spring Rolls
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Boil water with vinegar and sugar; allow it to cool.
- Combine garlic, peppers, and add mixture.
- Stir in the fish sauce.
Very good sauce. I used minced fresh serrano chiles, and a little less water and sugar. Was great with eggrolls, and I expect it will be good over rice.
I made this as a dipping sauce the first time and it was nice. The second time I made it, I had steamed a whole fish and wanted something yummy to go over it, so I made this sauce again, thickened it slightly with 2 teaspoons of cornstarch and served it over the whole fish....it was even more delicious. Thankyou for sharing this.