1/7 Photos of Nun's Revenge
Fabulous Italian hot chocolate! A life of piety and chastity has to call for something sensual occasionally. Yes, you can enjoy the seductive chocolate flavor and thick creaminess of this Italian hot chocolate without fearing the loss of other worldly pleasures, but this confection is sure to elicit a moan from all who partake. Drinking any of the great Italian-style hot chocolates is almost a religious experience. Over and over again, people who taste this drink for the first time say, "Oh, my God." Is that enough encouragement to give this one a try? Don't overlook the importance of the orange zest or the arrowroot. The oil from the zest gives the chocolate a fresh kick, and the arrowroot thickens the mixture. Servings: Serves 2 in cappuccino cups or 4 in espresso cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the half-and-half with the arrowroot, whisking until smooth.
- 2Place the remaining 1/2 cup of half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Bring to a simmer and when the half-and-half begins to bubble around the edges, whisk in the sugar.
- 4Whisk in the arrowroot mixture until the half-and-half thickens slightly, usually less than a minute.
- 5Remove from the heat and quickly whisk in the chocolate until smooth.
- 6Pour into cups, top each with a piece of orange zest, and serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for Nun's Revenge
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 31.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: