Recipe by God's_sugarcookie
Okay, first of all don't ask me why these are called Nun's Puffs, I'm just posting the recipe!! lol But these are really good if you like eggy flavors--don't try them if you don't.
Top Review by CoffeeMom
I used to make these all the time, then I lost the cookbook they were in a move. That was 5 years ago and I had almost forgotten about them. I was so happy to find the recipe here. The egginess is similar to french toast, though more pronounced in the puff's. We like these with maple syrup.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- whipped cream or honey, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 12 muffin cups including the area around the top of the cup as well as the sides. (DO NOT USE PAPER MUFFIN CUPS!).
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and add milk. Bring to boiling.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that does not separate and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minutes after each egg until smooth. divide dough evenly among muffing cups, don't worry if they aren't full, these will rise.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and sprinkle puffs with sugar.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from pan.
- Plop a dollop of whipped cream on top of each and serve immediately or drizzle honey over the top and serve immediately.*.
- *NOTE: If the eggy flavor is a bit strong for you, let cool a couple hours and that will cut it down a lot.