Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
This cake is similar to a pound cake and should be served without icing. Aging improves the flavor and it is best when two or three days old.
- Sift flour once, measure. Add baking powder and salt and sift three times.
- Cream shortening, gradually adding sugar. Cream thoroughly.
- Add egg yolks and unbeaten egg whites. Beat 1 minute. Combine flour mixture and milk alternately with creamed mixture.
- Beat very well. Add flavoring.
- Pour into greased springform pan with tube inset.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes in moderate oven, 325 to 350 degrees.
- To remove cake, push down on tapered clamp and release spring rim.