Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great bar, and excellent for freezing!
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour (You can also use regular flour)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml butter
- 354.88 ml oats
- 236.59 ml raspberry jam
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- icing sugar (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar in mixing bowl.
- Stir well to blend.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in oats.
- Press about 2/3 of crumb mixture into lightly greased 13" x 9" cake pan.
- Spread with raspberry jam.
- Add almonds to remaining crumb mixture and sprinkle over jam.
- Pat down lightly.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into bars.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired.
This is a delicious & gooey bar - just the way I like them!! When I make this recipe, I use melted butter & slivered almonds. These bars look very pretty on a goodie tray.