1/1 Photo of Nummy Namma Choc-Oat Chip Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Bananas and chocolate come together happily in this cake which is a favorite of mine. I make this often for church functions. NOTE: I've made this with both quick cooking and old fashioned oats and have had better response to the quick cooking kind. The old fashioned oats stay a little cruncy after the cake is baked which puts some people off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- 3In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, margarine and eggs, then stir in buttermilk, bananas and vanilla extract.
- 4In another bowl combine flour, oats, soda and salt, and then mix into the banana mixture.
- 5Gently stir in chocolate morsels and spread in prepared baking pan.
- 6Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 7Bake 30-35 minutes.
- 8Cool completely on wire rack.
- 9Keeps quite awhile in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nummy Namma Choc-Oat Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5471.2
- Calories from Fat 2690
- Total Fat 298.9 g
- Saturated Fat 157.1 g
- Cholesterol 915.9 mg
- Sodium 4656.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 652.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 41.3 g
- Sugars 321.9 g
- Protein 88.5 g