Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad is a snap to make and can be served warm or cool. The perfect BBQ or potluck salad.
Make and share this Nummy Couscous Salad With Dried Fruit recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml whole wheat couscous
- 29.58 ml raisins
- 29.58 ml craisins
- 538.64 g can chickpeas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 59.14 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml dried apricot, finely diced
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil or 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- 9.85 ml hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- Put the cous cous into a large bowl and pour boiling water over top. Cover loosely with lid and let sit 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, chop all your veggies and then add everything to the cous cous and stir well. Serve immediately or let sit in the fridge for a few hours. It tastes better the next day!
This is simply delicious!!! Would rate it 10 stars if I could. This was served at a recent woman's confrence I attended with over 100 ladies present from 3 states and all you heard was "where can I get this recipie?" I made it with tri color couscous and used all dried cranberries and no raisins. I live alone and it held well for 5 days, I had it at just about every meal. Many people at that confrence commented on how they had never liked couscous but loved it this way. The hot sauce (I prefer Frank's, but others loved it with the Texas Pete's) did add a great zing. A keeper that has been passed along, thank you for a healthy alternative that was a welcome change of pace.