Recipe by trishypie
This salad is a snap to make and can be served warm or cool. The perfect BBQ or potluck salad.
Top Review by SingingHarmony
This is simply delicious!!! Would rate it 10 stars if I could. This was served at a recent woman's confrence I attended with over 100 ladies present from 3 states and all you heard was "where can I get this recipie?" I made it with tri color couscous and used all dried cranberries and no raisins. I live alone and it held well for 5 days, I had it at just about every meal. Many people at that confrence commented on how they had never liked couscous but loved it this way. The hot sauce (I prefer Frank's, but others loved it with the Texas Pete's) did add a great zing. A keeper that has been passed along, thank you for a healthy alternative that was a welcome change of pace.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons craisins
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cous cous into a large bowl and pour boiling water over top. Cover loosely with lid and let sit 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, chop all your veggies and then add everything to the cous cous and stir well. Serve immediately or let sit in the fridge for a few hours. It tastes better the next day!