Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Our local Thai restaurant makes this as a dip and serves with fresh vegetable crudites and prawn crackers. It's yummo! I prefer it with chicken mince. This recipe is from the Asian recipe website.
- 100 g minced meat (chicken, pork etc)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 sprig coriander
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon sour curry paste
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 5 small african bird pepper
- Pound or grind the ingredients for the paste into a smooth paste.
- Pound or grind the tomatoes into a paste.
- Heat in a wok the oil and fry the meat until done.
- Add the paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add the tomato pulp and cook it into a sauce.
- Mix in the fish sauce, the palm sugar, the salt, the tamarind and the water and cook it slowly for 1 minute.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and serve it with the coriander leaves and cooked rice. Or with fresh crisp raw vegetables; try carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and green beans.