Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
I'm posting this recipe with the permission of the author. You'll find this recipe and many others on an interesting blog: http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com.au/ These are some variations the author has tried and enjoyed: Here are some variations that I've tried which are also amazing: 1) Add a small chunk of dark chocolate with the piece of banana 2) Add a slice of cream cheese with the piece of banana (it goes all melty and yummy)
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped into 12 disks
- 6 spring roll wrappers, thawed if frozen
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 12 small chunks chocolate (See Variations in directions) (optional)
- 12 small sliced cream cheese (See Variations in directions) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each spring roll wrapper in half.
- Brush the piece of wrapper with water to soften it, place a piece of banana at one end and roll it up just like you were rolling a spring roll - don't worry about making it too neat.
- Continue with all the rest of the banana pieces and wrappers.
- Heat a lot of oil in a wok, pan or deep fryer.
- Take a small square of the wrappers or a cube of bread to test if the oil is hot enough - if the oil fizzles around it and it crisps up quickly then the oil is hot enough.
- Deep fry the wrapped bananas in the hot oil for about 4-5 minutes or until they're browned slightly. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Roll them in the icing sugar and eat them immediately while they're nice and hot.
- Here are some variations that the author has tried and loved:.
- Add a small chunk of dark chocolate with the piece of banana.
- Or add a slice of cream cheese with the piece of banana (it goes all melty and yummy).