1/2 Photos of Nuernberg Red Bell Pepper Salad
Lavender Lynn's Note:
A simple red pepper makes a bright-colored and bright-flavored side salad usually served with grilled Bratwurst and Kartoffelsalat (potato salad) in Bavaria. After searching for a recipe for years, I've reconstructed it to my taste using techniques from other German and Polish recipes. Looks right to me, try it and see.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the red pepper (capsicum) into thin strips.
- 2Mix water, salt, sugar, and vinegar in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil.
- 3Add the sliced red pepper (and optional, a few grains of yellow corn for color) to the boiling water, cook about a minute until they begin to slightly soften, and remove from heat.
- 4Let stand, covered, to cool until just lukewarm.
- 5Pour off the water.
- 6Add olive oil, cover and shake to coat.
- 7Add just a dash of black pepper.
- 8May be served warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nuernberg Red Bell Pepper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g