Recipe by Julie B's Hive
A Mexican treat from Savoring Appetizers and a good compliment to Mexican beer. Recipe calls for árbol chili but recipe editor would not recognize it, use cayenne if you can't find the other.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 10 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw peanuts, skins removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw hulled green pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (depending on taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 275°.
- In a frying pan over medium-low heat, warm the oil. Add the garlic cloves and sauté until they begin to turn tan, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the nuts and seeds, coating them well with the oil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and the ground chile, just a pinch at a time, until the taste just tingles the tongue.
- Spread the nuts and seeds evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with more salt, if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.