Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Easy to upgrade to Thermonuclear or 911 strength by adding chopped jalapenos and/or ground red pepper, to taste!
- 8 fluid ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 10 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 fluid ounces sour cream
- jalapenos or red pepper, to garnish
- Combine tomato sauce, chilies, green onion, hot pepper sauce, and optional ingredients in a bowl; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips in a shallow 8" X 10" baking dish- pour sauce over chips; sprinkle grated cheese over all.
- Broil nachos for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Just before serving, seed, peel and mash avocado.
- Stir in lemon juice, spoon avocado mixture and sour cream on hot nachos and top with jalapeno slices/red peppers.
- Serve immediately.
Yeah, they came out soggy.
wouldn't your chips get soggy from the sauce? And also you are making gaucamole, why put it on top? serve it on the side and enjoy it. It sound's good but I think it would be soggy. Do your chip's and cheese and jalapenos or chiles and broil and then bring it out and add sauce .