- 8 fluid ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 10 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 fluid ounces sour cream
- jalapenos or red pepper, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomato sauce, chilies, green onion, hot pepper sauce, and optional ingredients in a bowl; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips in a shallow 8" X 10" baking dish- pour sauce over chips; sprinkle grated cheese over all.
- Broil nachos for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Just before serving, seed, peel and mash avocado.
- Stir in lemon juice, spoon avocado mixture and sour cream on hot nachos and top with jalapeno slices/red peppers.
- Serve immediately.