1/1 Photo of Nuclear Brownies
When you want a small amount of brownies FAST, these are a great treat. You may need to play with the microwaving times a little as all microwaves vary in wattage - mine is (I think) 1000 watts, so times given are based on that. Cook time includes 8 minutes actual cooking, and at least 15 minutes cooling time. These are what I would call half -n- half brownies- half fudgey (from the melted choco chips) and half cakey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml sweet unsalted butter
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate (two 1 ounce baking squares)
- 2 large eggs
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate or 118.29 ml milk chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, as garnish
- 1Place butter and chocolate squares in a glass microwave-safe bowl.
- 2Cook on HIGH 1-2 minutes, or until melted- watch carfeully and remove as soon as it is almost completely melted or it will start to pop.
- 3Stir well and set aside to cool a couple of minutes.
- 4In a bowl, beat eggs until light& foamy.
- 5Gradually add sugar and slightly cooled chocolate mixture, beating as you do (don't add it all at once or you will cook the eggs).
- 6Combine flour, salt, and baking powder and stir into the mixture along with vanilla, mixing until combined.
- 7FOld in chocolate chips and pour into a greased 8" square glass microwave-safe baking dish.
- 8Cook uncovered on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- 9Rotate pan 1/4 turn (even if you have a revolving microwave base) and cook another 3 minutes.
- 10Remove from microwave and let sit on wire rack in pan at least 15 minutes or until cool.
- 11Before serving, slice into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nuclear Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 124.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g