1/1 Photo of Nuclear Brownies
When you want a small amount of brownies FAST, these are a great treat. You may need to play with the microwaving times a little as all microwaves vary in wattage - mine is (I think) 1000 watts, so times given are based on that. Cook time includes 8 minutes actual cooking, and at least 15 minutes cooling time. These are what I would call half -n- half brownies- half fudgey (from the melted choco chips) and half cakey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml sweet unsalted butter
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate (two 1 ounce baking squares)
- 2 large eggs
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate or 118.29 ml milk chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, as garnish
- 1Place butter and chocolate squares in a glass microwave-safe bowl.
- 2Cook on HIGH 1-2 minutes, or until melted- watch carfeully and remove as soon as it is almost completely melted or it will start to pop.
- 3Stir well and set aside to cool a couple of minutes.
- 4In a bowl, beat eggs until light& foamy.
- 5Gradually add sugar and slightly cooled chocolate mixture, beating as you do (don't add it all at once or you will cook the eggs).
- 6Combine flour, salt, and baking powder and stir into the mixture along with vanilla, mixing until combined.
- 7FOld in chocolate chips and pour into a greased 8" square glass microwave-safe baking dish.
- 8Cook uncovered on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- 9Rotate pan 1/4 turn (even if you have a revolving microwave base) and cook another 3 minutes.
- 10Remove from microwave and let sit on wire rack in pan at least 15 minutes or until cool.
- 11Before serving, slice into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nuclear Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 124.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g