Recipe by HeatherFeather
When you want a small amount of brownies FAST, these are a great treat. You may need to play with the microwaving times a little as all microwaves vary in wattage - mine is (I think) 1000 watts, so times given are based on that. Cook time includes 8 minutes actual cooking, and at least 15 minutes cooling time. These are what I would call half -n- half brownies- half fudgey (from the melted choco chips) and half cakey.
Top Review by Pepper Monkey
i just tried these becuase i was intrigued by the concept of mircowave baking. It took about 4 minutes total to fully cook these in my microwave. I used a cereal bowl! these are very cake like in texture, but easy to make and quick! i will make again. next time i'll try some white chocolate chips or a frosting. :)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (two 1 ounce baking squares)
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate or 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter and chocolate squares in a glass microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook on HIGH 1-2 minutes, or until melted- watch carfeully and remove as soon as it is almost completely melted or it will start to pop.
- Stir well and set aside to cool a couple of minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until light& foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and slightly cooled chocolate mixture, beating as you do (don't add it all at once or you will cook the eggs).
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder and stir into the mixture along with vanilla, mixing until combined.
- FOld in chocolate chips and pour into a greased 8" square glass microwave-safe baking dish.
- Cook uncovered on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Rotate pan 1/4 turn (even if you have a revolving microwave base) and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let sit on wire rack in pan at least 15 minutes or until cool.
- Before serving, slice into squares and dust with powdered sugar.