Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my very favorite dinners. This is my gramma's meatloaf, and the only one I'll eat. I do not accept any tomato products, chunks of veggies, hardboiled eggs or wild spices in meatloaf. If you need a meatloaf coated in ketchup this is not the one! Pure comfort food, and what could be better than leftover meatloaf in a sandwich.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup fine cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together milk and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in cracker crumbs until most liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in onion and seasonings.
- Add meat and combine well.
- Shape into a loaf in a shallow baking pan, or lightly pack into a loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Meatloaf was moist and delicious, it also held together well when slicing. I added 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 T Worchestershire sauce, and 1 T spicy mustard. I made a packet of Knorr brown gravy and served over meatloaf. I think I have now found my perfect meatloaf! Thanks for posting ReeLani
Very nice meatloaf, it reminds me of my grandmother's. This tasted really good, and as others have mentioned the meatloaf cuts and holds together well too. I reduced the milk to 3/4 C and used about 1 tsp of the poultry seasoning. I will make this again. Thx.
Loved it! I actually liked the absense of tomato products. Most of my other meatloafs have ketchup and/or tomato soup. It was plain, but that's what I liked. It went great with mashed potatoes and brown gravy. It made even better meatloaf sandwiches! Great recipe!!!