1/10 Photos of Now This is Alice Springs Chicken
3 hrs 20 mins
Alice springs chicken has always been one of my all time favorite chicken dishes. I looked everywhere for the recipe that looked the closest and this is the winner + or - a few to my taste. We love onions so I always sauté some up with the mushrooms but whatever works best for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1With an electric mixer combine the mustard, honey, and 1 Tbsp oil, and lemon juice for 1 minute.
- 2Pour 1/2 mixture over chicken in a gallon ziplock to marinate in fridge 2-24 hours.
- 3Chill remaining marinade to serve with chicken.
- 4After marinating chicken, preheat oven to 375°F Put remaining oil in frying pan. Heat and sear chicken on both sides.
- 5Transfer chicken to oven safe pan and brush with marinade.
- 6Meanwhile in frying pan add butter and saute mushrooms.
- 7Season chicken breasts with salt and peppers.
- 8Stack bacon across each breast, spoon mushrooms on each breast and then approx 1/3- 1/2 cup cheese on each.
- 9Cover pan with foil and bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with honey mustard marinade.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Now This is Alice Springs Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1034.7
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.0 mg
- Sodium 2510.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 75.4 g
- Protein 53.2 g