Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favourite fruit combinations is Nectarines, Peaches and Oranges. All of these flavours are mellowed by the coconut milk in this lovely milkshake. I hope you will enjoy this wonderful summer treat. You may substitute the peaches for apricots and apricot yogurt...if you prefer, it also works well in this treat.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup peach yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice, with pulp
- 1 cup orange ice cream, scoop (or peach)
- 1 cup peach, canned, drained
- 1⁄2 cup nectarine, fresh, peeled, thinly sliced
- 5 ice cubes, crushed
- 1 ice cube, crushed, lemon juice
- 2 slices nectarines, thick (garnish)
- Into the blender pour the following ingredients; coconut milk, yogurt, orange juice and ice cream, processing until smooth.
- Next add the peach slices, the nectarine slices and the ice cubes and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into chilled glasses and garnish with the nectarine slices.
The name of the recipe says it all !!! An excellent wonderful combination of flavors that were absolutely enjoyed. Like syd I added a tablespoon of lemonjuice. Made for an excellent breakfast treat, and a nice pick me up !! Would not change anything here. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
Wow BK this was awesome. The flavors of the coconut milk, peaches and nectarines were wonderful. I fixed it this evening after supper for a refreshing snack and it was great. I put the rest in the refrigerator. It'll make a great breakfast drink. This reminded me of the smoothies my husband and I used to get at a smoothy shop we loved when living in Louisianna. Thanks so much for sharing.
LOVE tagging your drinks! Actually I love drinking them even more! Anyway, I tweaked it a LEETLE bit, forgoing the ice cubes & instead freezing the peaches & nectarine before using them! Also added a tablespoon of lemon juice instead of the lemon juice ice cube! Ever so nice tasting, & the recipe is definitely a keeper! [Made & reviewed for a sweet baby of mine, adopted in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]