Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From about.com with a few changes. Call it a salad or a sidedish as I haven't quite figured it out yet. This is really tasty in my posted tacos de hombre pobre recipe.
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (I used Yukon potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery, plus leaves
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup milk (for even richer flavor use whipping cream)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons yellow mustard, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh curly-leaf parsley, minced (NOT dried)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- red pepper ring, for garnish
- Combine hot mashed potatoes with celery, sour cream, mayonnaise, red onion, milk, vinegar, mustard and parsley. DO NOT overmix.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste and garnish mashed potato salad with a sprinkling of paprika and bell pepper rings.
- Comfort food for sure!