Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A favorite seafood dish
Make and share this Nova Scotia Crab Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- Line 8 2" aluminum tart pans with thinly rolled pastry.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine and stir mushrooms with brandy or lemon juice.
- Shred crab, removing any hard parts.
- Fill each tart with alternate layers of mushrooms, crab and grated cheese.
- Beat eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt and cream.
- Pour equally over each tart.
- Place in baking pan and bake 20-30 mins or until custard is set, and top is golden brown.
- If you are preparing this in advance, cool thoroughly and wrap each tart in square foil. Refrigerate or freeze.
- To reheat, unwrap and place in a 375F oven 10-15 mins.
This is so easy to prepare and so elegant to serve! I followed the recipe ingredients exactly with the Swiss cheese and wouldn't change a thing except maybe increase the nutmeg - but that's a personal preference. I made one 9" pie pan rather than the individual quiches and baked it a little bit longer.