1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A wonderful fruit dessert, easily made with frozen blueberries if you can't find fresh. The province of Nova Scotia has an abundance of blueberries, hence the name. (Recipe originates with Canadian Living.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- 2In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until blended, then beat in egg and almond extract.
- 3In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; pour over batter and stir until blended.
- 4Pat over bottom and 2 inches up side of greased 10-inch springform pan; set aside.
- 5Now make filling.
- 6Toss together blueberries, liqueur and lemon rind; pour over crust.
- 7In bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg yolks, sugar and almond extract; pour evenly over blueberries.
- 8Bake in centre of oven for 1-1/4 hours or until crust is golden and crisp.
- 9Let cool in pan on rack.
- 10Refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled.
- 11Remove side of pan and cut into wedges to serve, along with freshly whipped whipping cream and toasted almonds, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nova Scotia Blueberry Flan
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 176.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: