Recipe by GothiKochen
Tired of your same 'ol bowl of cereal? Got 15 minutes to spare? Why not try cookies for breakfast! lol :D
Top Review by TreeSquirrel
For a healthy cookie this tastes pretty good! However, I did make some changes based on other reviews. Like another reviewer, I added a handful of raisins, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 2 Tbl. brown sugar, 2 Tbl. powdered milk, and used oat bran instead of wheat bran. Without these additions I'm sure these cookies would taste less appealing, as they are pretty chocked full of wheat and fiber. I think for a quick, easy, fulfilling breakfast these are great! They are also easy to grab on your way out the door. I'm making a double batch next time!
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup wheat bran (actually not quite 1/3 cup, shake a little out)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I actually use splenda, but it's just a preference)
- 1 pinch dried cranberries or 1 pinch chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 (F).
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add enough water to make a thick (think traditional chocolate chip cookie) batter.
- Spoon onto pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- WARNING: these will rise when they are cooking but will only brown on the bottom due to the fiber content; so trust me when I say cook for about 10 minutes. don't burn them !
- Serve with coffee, tea, or milk.