Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tired of your same 'ol bowl of cereal? Got 15 minutes to spare? Why not try cookies for breakfast! lol :D
- Preheat oven to 350 (F).
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add enough water to make a thick (think traditional chocolate chip cookie) batter.
- Spoon onto pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- WARNING: these will rise when they are cooking but will only brown on the bottom due to the fiber content; so trust me when I say cook for about 10 minutes. don't burn them !
- Serve with coffee, tea, or milk.
For a healthy cookie this tastes pretty good! However, I did make some changes based on other reviews. Like another reviewer, I added a handful of raisins, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 2 Tbl. brown sugar, 2 Tbl. powdered milk, and used oat bran instead of wheat bran. Without these additions I'm sure these cookies would taste less appealing, as they are pretty chocked full of wheat and fiber. I think for a quick, easy, fulfilling breakfast these are great! They are also easy to grab on your way out the door. I'm making a double batch next time!
right away when you taste this cookie you know you are eating something healthy. looking at it however is another story. it looks disgusting! and making the recipe as written is a little bland in the taste category, i like scarysheree's additions of cinnamon and ginger.
Yummy! I used brown sugar splenda, oat bran, raisins, and added 1/4 each cinnamon and ginger, and 1 tbsp dry milk powder. They're wonderful!